The objective of this study is to assess dual-task costs in older adults with and without Type2 Diabetes, and to determine how dual-task cost is influenced by cognitive workload and sleep quality.
What would be required from participants?
• To attend on a single visit at our laboratory at KUMC (approximately 1.5 hour)
• To be screened for diabetes peripheral neuropathy
• To perform a sleep quality questionnaire
• To perform a series of thinking/memory questions and manual tasks involving lifting light objects
If you are interested in participating, please click this link to fill out our online screener: https://redcap.kumc.edu/surveys/?s=93M3EX3T9P
We are we looking:
• Older adults, males and females, between 60-90 years old
• Both people with and without type 2 diabetes diagnosis
• No history of neurologic conditions (e.g., Stroke, Parkinson/Alzheimer's disease)
• No history of Diabetes Peripheral Neuropathy