Study VX16-661-114 (Study 114) is a Phase 3b, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled,
parallel group, multicenter study in subjects aged 12 years and older with CF who are
homozygous for the F508del mutation on the CFTR gene and who discontinued treatment with
Orkambi due to respiratory symptoms considered related to treatment. This study is designed
to evaluate the safety and efficacy of TEZ/IVA.
- Willing and able to comply with scheduled visits, treatment plan, study restrictions,
laboratory tests, contraceptive guidelines, and other study procedures.
- Prior discontinuation of Orkambi, with at least 1 respiratory sign or symptom
considered related to therapy.
- Resolution or stabilization of qualifying event(s) >28 days prior to Screening.
- Discontinuation of Orkambi therapy must have occurred <8 weeks from the first dose of
- Homozygous for F508del mutation in the CFTR gene as documented in the subject's
medical record. If genotype documentation is not available in the medical record,
genotyping will be performed during screening.
- FEV1 ≥25% and ≤90% of predicted normal for age, sex, and height.
- Stable CF disease as judged by the investigator.
- Other protocol defined inclusion criteria could apply.
- History of any comorbidity that, in the opinion of the investigator, might confound
the results of the study or pose an additional risk in administering study drug to the
- Recent rapid or progressive deterioration in respiratory status.
- Receiving continuous oxygen at >2L/min or on face-mask ventilation.
- Any protocol-defined exclusionary laboratory values at Screening.
- Child-Pugh Class B or C hepatic impairment.
- An acute upper or lower respiratory infection, pulmonary exacerbation, or change in
therapy for pulmonary disease within 28 days before Day 1.
- Documentation of colonization with organisms associated with a more rapid decline in
- History of lung transplantation since most recent initiation of Orkambi.
- History of alcohol or drug abuse in the past year as deemed by the investigator.
- Participation in an investigational drug study or use of a CFTR modulator within 28
days or 5 terminal half-lives of the investigational drug or modulator (whichever is
- Use of restricted medications or foods within the specified window before the first
dose of study drug, or an anticipated need or use of restricted medication or foods
after the first dose of study drug.
- Pregnant or nursing females: Females of child-bearing potential must have a negative
pregnancy test at Screening and Day 1.
- Other protocol defined exclusion criteria could apply.