The proposed research is intended to determine if supplementation of relatively high dose
vitamin D in chronic urticaria patients receiving omalizumab will result in continued
symptomatic control of hives after the discontinuation of omalizumab.
- Physician diagnosed chronic urticaria
- Currently be receiving omalizumab therapy for the treatment of chronic idiopathic
urticaria and be well controlled with a USS <25
- Not capable of informed consent.
- Not capable of answering the questionnaire.
- Subjects with a pure physical urticaria.
- Pregnant or lactating women.
- Subjects with hypercalcemia (calcium > 10.3 mg/dl) or renal insufficiency (GFR <50
- Subjects with prior anaphylaxis to omalizumab.
- Currently taking high dose vitamin D supplementation.
- Prior high dose vitamin D supplementation for urticaria with failure.
- Baseline 25(OH)D >80 ng/ml
- Subjects with sarcoidosis, hyperparathyroidism, histoplasmosis, lymphoma or