University of Kansas researchers are conducting a study about how young people's brains respond to advertising images.
Phase 1: You will answer two short surveys and go through a brain imaging scan (fMRI) while seeing advertising images and messaging. fMRI does not use radiation and is approved by the FDA.
Phase 2: You will have a one-week follow-up via phone or an online survey. You will be compensated $115 (Phase 1: $80 and Phase 2: $35) for being in the study.
WHAT: Are you between 14 and 18? Do you have a child between 14 and 18?
DURATION: The study will take about 2.5 hours. This is a two-phase study. You will receive $115 for 2.5 hours of your time.
WHEN: The study will take place between March to July 2018.
WHERE: Hoglund Brain Imaging Center, KU Medical Center: Kansas City, Kansas
If you are a parent of a child between 14-18, you can fill out the screener for your child. You can call, text or email us too. If you are between 14-18 and want to fill out the screener on your own, your parent will need to call (913) 588-0173 and give permission for you to complete the screener. If you are 18, contact us directly or fill out the online screener. ** Note: Final eligibility is at the discretion of the researchers **
- Be a non-smoker in the age range of 14-18.
- Be right handed.
- Must not be claustrophobic (fear of feeling trapped in a small space).
- Must not have suffered from a brain injury (concussion, loss of consciousness...).
- Must not have been diagnosed with a psychiatric disorder (schizophrenia, depression, ADD...).
- Must not have a history of seizures.
- Fillings and permanent retainers are OK.